The Poppy playsuit has been on my radar for a while, it even made it onto my #makenine2019, even then I was a bit apprehensive as I didn’t really think I was a jumpsuit kind of girl. However, it appears I was wrong!
I chose the PDF pattern as I don’t mind the cutting and sticking, and I am impatient and can't wait for the postman. As this was my first try and quite a bit of fabric is required so opted for a reasonably priced Rayon Challis fabric from Minerva Crafts, it came really quickly.
The instructions were really easy to follow, I got slightly tied up on the arm cuffs but glad a persevered as I was really pleased with them, when they were finished.
I selected the 14-16 size which in hindsight was a mistake and proves you should always take your measurements carefully, so I had quite a few alternations to do and took quite a lot of width out of the trousers and bodice. I have a long body so usually have to add length to tops, so I added 1 inch here, which worked well, but had to reduce the height at the top of the trousers as my lower half is definitely shorter. I think when I remake this pattern I will take a further inch out as the only area that I am not 100% happy with is here. I added some thin cotton belt loops to stop the belt I chose moving around.
I am completely in love with this make and will definitely be making more of them!